Multiple entries for Starting up database '...'

Multiple entries for Starting up database '...'

Post by Chris Lace » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:22:12

When looking in the SQL Server logs, I'm finding that one particular
database seems to start up a large number of times whenever SQL Server is
started, i.e. there are around 15 entries stating

spid51    Starting up database 'x'

within a time period of approx 10 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this should be?

Just wondering whether it might imply some level of database corruption, as
we are also experiencing occasional inexplicable IIS crashes with ASP pages
that access that particular database.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Multiple entries for Starting up database '...'

Post by Greg Lo » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:36:52

Hi Chris,

Check to see if the AutoClose option is turned on. It could cause this
behaviour.

HTH

Greg Low
Brisbane, Oztralia

Quote:> When looking in the SQL Server logs, I'm finding that one particular
> database seems to start up a large number of times whenever SQL Server is
> started, i.e. there are around 15 entries stating

> spid51    Starting up database 'x'

> within a time period of approx 10 seconds.

> Anyone have any ideas as to why this should be?

> Just wondering whether it might imply some level of database corruption,
as
> we are also experiencing occasional inexplicable IIS crashes with ASP
pages
> that access that particular database.

> Thanks in advance,

> Chris.

Multiple entries for Starting up database '...'

Post by Chris Lace » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:27:10

Aha, it was!!

Thanks a lot -- let's hope that fixes the IIS/ASP/ADO crashes as well!