SQL server default password...

Post by Greg » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I just installed MSDE but I have a dump question: What are the default
login/password for the administrator?

Thanx in advance,
Greg

SQL server default password...

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Greg,

If you mean "sa", then it has no password.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Neil's FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> I just installed MSDE but I have a dump question: What are the default
> login/password for the administrator?

> Thanx in advance,
> Greg

SQL server default password...

Post by Greg » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Can you explain me what the "sa" login stands for, are there other default
logins?
Sorry, it's first time I use SQL Server (but I've been working with Oracle
for several years..)

Thanks for your help!

Greg

Quote:> I just installed MSDE but I have a dump question: What are the default
> login/password for the administrator?

> Thanx in advance,
> Greg

SQL server default password...

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Greg,

"sa" stands for "System Administrator". It is the only pre-created "SQL Server login".

There exist another type of logins, where you store the NT SID instead a username. By
default, you have the NT Administrators groups added as NT logins. You can, from a
client ask for "Trusted Connection", "Secure Login", "NT login" (all are the same
thing) and SQL Server will try to validate you based on your NT account. A bit similar
to how Exchange work I guess....

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Neil's FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

> Can you explain me what the "sa" login stands for, are there other default
> logins?
> Sorry, it's first time I use SQL Server (but I've been working with Oracle
> for several years..)

> Thanks for your help!

> Greg

> > I just installed MSDE but I have a dump question: What are the default
> > login/password for the administrator?

> > Thanx in advance,
> > Greg

SQL server default password...

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

sa stands for system administrator, and the default password is blank (you
should change it, if you're going to use integrated authentication in sql
server).
By default, sql server creates an nt login for the local administrators
group.
--
Hope this helps,,
Carlos Eduardo Rojas