Unable to connect to Analysis Server

Post by MN » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:06:12

I installed the evaluation version of SQL Server 2000; things are fine with
the 'core' application, but I cannot connect to the Analysis Services.

The error message (when I click on the server in the Analysis Manager) is:
"Unable to connect to the registry on the server (<server name>) or you are
not a member of the OLAP Administrator group on this server"

There is a group called 'OLAP Administrator' of which my user is a member,
so that shouldn't be an issue. I am using Windows 2000 SP2.

Thank you for your help.

1. Unable to connect to analysis server

Hi all
 I have a small problem.My analysis server is under a
particular domain.My client machine is under workgroup.I
installed mdx client in my machine and tried to connect to
the server.Its saying unable to connect to the analysis
server.your server name may be wrong.pls verify that.but
my server name is right.I'm able to connect to my server
from same domain clients.from the workgroup I'm unable to
connect.It will be greatful if anybody can help me.From
excel pivot table also its not connecting to the server
from this machine.
Thanks & Regards
Sanith

2. Binary data through stored procedure and ADO in VC++

3. unable to connect to analysis server

4. Multithreaded DBMS implementation

5. Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

6. AP/DOS & WIN95

7. Analysis Services: Unable to connect to Registry on Server

8. importing doubt

9. unable to connect to the analysis server

10. Unable to connect to the registry of the Analysis Server

11. Unable to Connect from SQL 2000 to Analysis Server

12. Analysis Manager cannot connect to Analysis Server