CREATE VIEW is much slower under SQL 2000

CREATE VIEW is much slower under SQL 2000

Post by Bob Siebe » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The database setup portion of my application creates a lot of views (~1800
of them).  This takes about 30 seconds in SQL Server 7.0, but takes 9
minutes and 25 seconds in SQL Server 2000.

In SQL Server 7.0, myCREATE VIEW statements all took about 10-20ms.  In SQL
Server 2000, most take about 20-30ms, but a lot of them take 200-400ms, more
than ten times slower than before.  This is all measured on the same server.

Does anyone know why there is a time increase?

1. Can not create view with access 2000 ADP to SQL 2000

I am having a problem creating views using an access 2000
ADP and SQL 2000, on some systems I can create the view
but only get a choice of all colums, and on others I get a
permision denied. I am using the same SQL login and the
user id has DBO rights. Any one know whats going on?

Found a referance but it requires a membership to view.

http://www.vbpj.com/upload/free/features/vbpj/2001/07jul01/
sqlpro0107/rj0107/rj0107-1.asp

Thank you for your time
-Craig W.

2. Job: South Florida

3. SQL 2000 B2: Can't create views/diagrams from Access 2000 project

4. Performance Counters

5. Creating a local view using CREATE SQL VIEW

6. BCP Utility

7. How to using SQL 2000 create pivot view?

8. Grant issues

9. CREATE VIEW Permissions in SQL Server 2000

10. Using ACCESS 2000 to create SQL Server view and Store Procedures

11. How to create a Oracle view in SQL 2000 Server

12. create view from SQL Server 2000 and 2003

13. How to create a parametric View in SQL server 2000