vb exe launch with shell

Post by Mario Deni » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:46:12

Here's my code:

A form with a textbox call Text1.

Text1.LinkTopic = "Commence|system"
Text1.LinkMode = vbLinkManual
Text1.LinkExecute "[FireTrigger(""ao"")]"

Only that 3 little lines. I made an exe.
 It works perfectly when I launch it from the DOS prompt, but it doesn't
when I launch it with xp_cmdshell(sql Server).
I think that is because of the form.
Do you know if I can do the same without a form?

1. launching an EXE from within a VB DLL

Hello,
I just transitioned into VB from vbscript. I would really like to know
if VB will allow me to launch an EXE file from within a VB (active X)
DLL. What I mean by launch is the equivalent of double-clicking on the
EXE file. I would appreciate any info. regarding this issue.

thanks in advance.
take care,
suha.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HELP !!! SQLserver versus PowerBuilder

3. launch vb exe with xp_cmdshell

4. update statistics question?

5. Launching VB exe from Novell 4.11 Server

6. Can use Unix ODBC code in NT??

7. launching an EXE from a VB DLL

8. Launch FileMaker DB from shell script, NT4

9. Launch EXE from JSP

10. Launching an exe from FoxPro

11. Sqlredis.exe - Not Launching