Insert/Updated to Image fields via Stored Proc

Insert/Updated to Image fields via Stored Proc

Post by Johnatha » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have been experimenting with persisting a COM object's properties in a
image field using SQL Server 6.5. I have been sucessful, but only via ADO
AppendChunk() method. I was wondering if there is a way to pass this binary
data in via a stored procedure, instead of actually creating a recordset and
doing it via ADO AppendChunk(). It's not as simple as creating a parameter
of type image and passing in the variant data from my program is it? Thanks
in advance for any help!

Johnathan

1. Insert image via stored proc

I have an application written in PowerBuilder that uses stored
procedures for all insert/update/select transactions. Some of the tables
include images, however Sybase does not support the image datatype as a
parameter to the procedure. Any suggestions ?

Env : Sybase 10.0.1 on AIX 3.2.4

BTW, the reason we need to HAVE to use SP's is because the data is
transmitted in encrypted form, which the proc passes to an Open
Server decryption procedure before inserting.

  _////          Stuart Wakefield
 / o   \/        Data Analyst, Information Technology Directorate
 \/  v /\        MAF Fisheries, P.O. Box 297, Greta Point
  `---'          Wellington, NEW ZEALAND

Phone : +64-4-386-0497
Fax   : +64-4-386-0585

2. Max error count

3. Updating Record (via stored proc) with Blob Field using VB6

4. Relational DB and text processing

5. Passing Image Data via command obj to stored proc

6. rs.RecordCount and rs.PageCount

7. calling stored proc from stored proc via variable

8. OSQL ???

9. Read Image into Stored Proc Via Dll

10. Passing Image Data via command obj to stored proc

11. My textarea form field will not update my stored proc text field

12. Table Update Via Text File (DTS, Stored Proc, ActiveX, VBScript)

13. Updating text, image fields via TQuery?