can't create SP as user; creates as dbo???

can't create SP as user; creates as dbo???

Post by br__ » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm using the following Syntax in Query Analyzer:

CREATE TABLE [brettr].[config_t]

and so with procedure code.  My problem is that instead of an SP owned by
brettr, it's owned by dbo.  brettr is a db_owner and db_public.

brettr can create tables through query analyzer and have the owner be brettr
rather than dbo. That's what I want.

What's up with the SP ownership issue above?

thanks,
brettr

can't create SP as user; creates as dbo???

Post by br__ » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm using the following Syntax in Query Analyzer:

> CREATE TABLE [brettr].[config_t]

> and so with procedure code.  My problem is that instead of an SP owned by
> brettr, it's owned by dbo.  brettr is a db_owner and db_public.

> brettr can create tables through query analyzer and have the owner be
brettr
> rather than dbo. That's what I want.

> What's up with the SP ownership issue above?

> thanks,
> brettr

Is there a method for giving a user execute persmission to a group of stored
procedures?

brettr