Full Text Indexing of Rich Text/ Word Documents

Full Text Indexing of Rich Text/ Word Documents

Post by David lapsle » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi

How do I configure SQL server to make use of Format Filters (as with IIS) so
that I can index Word Documents. RTF files etc stored as text columns - It
works great with plain text but this is of limited use.

I assume this is possible since SQL Server seems to use the same indexing
engine.

Thanks in advance

David Lapsley

1. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

Ugg,

I can't get two files in rich text format to merge together.  I can't use the
RichTx32 in VFP because it strips rich text code out of the file when it's
saved with the ActiveX textcontrol which I think is like word and has a
"richer" set of commands than the RichTx32 control  (ie: it would probably
strip out the \page command to a \par).

Please help, thanks.

Mike

2. Unable to read Sql Server datetime field

3. Searching Word Documents with Full Text Searching

4. Foxpro/Arcnet vs. Foxpro/Ethernet

5. Full Text on Word Documents

6. FoxPro for Unix and stdin

7. Full Text on Word Documents in SQL DB

8. Synonym Problem

9. Full Text Searching in Word Documents

10. Full Text efficiency on WORD, HTML or RTF Document

11. Full-text indexing of documents

12. Full Text Indexing in SQL 7.0 and stored Word Docs

13. ignored words in FUll Text indexing problem