Changed SQL Server language settings

Post by Mark Ra » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

We are developing a three-tier application using VB5 for the front end, VB5
ActiveX DLLs for the business services running under Microsoft Transaction
Server 2, and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 for the data services. When running
under MTS, users keep receiving an error message from SQL Server saying that
it has changed the default language to us_english. On further investigation,
this appears to be an informational message only, but ADO is interpreting it
as a real error which it is then raising to the calling component, hence the
users see an error message and their transaction is aborted. We have tried
changing the character set ot the SQL Server to us_english, but this has
made no difference.

Has anyone else come across this? Is there a way to turn these messages off
in SQL Server?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Best regards,

Mark Rae
London, UK :-)

1. change language setting of sql server?

We have an NT box running SQL Server 7 (it's actually Small Biz Server 4.5).

The NT box has regional settings of English (United Kingdom) but the SQL
Server is set to English (United States) - this was probably done at
installation :(

My question is, how can I change SQL Server to be English (UK) without
having to uninstall/re-install?

Thanks
Barry

2. Urgently need assistance, Corrupt table!

3. A Tract SQL coding problem

4. SQL Server changed language settings error

5. psion import to excel

6. Change language setting to ..., Change default database to ...

7. Trigger Help

8. Huh?-Changed language setting to ....

9. Changed language setting to us_english. (5703)

10. Setting language on SQL Server

11. changed language setting

12. Error : 01000 Changes language setting to US English.