sql enterprise manger's rigester server doesn't work in a nt workstation

sql enterprise manger's rigester server doesn't work in a nt workstation

Post by MingQi » Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone
 I installed sql 6.5 evaluation version in my nt 4.0 workstation which is
standalon machine for two days

   One problem is sql enterprise manager . I use sp_helpserver in isql/w to
find my serer name is "ming" and network_name is "ming" and status is blank and
id is "0"
When I start sql enterprise manager, the register server shows some error
messages when I try to reigister server "ming"
  the error message is " unable to connect to server( reason:[DB-LIBRARY]
Unable to connect , sql server is unavailable or does not exist specified sql
server not found.

  do you know how to make it worked.
thanks a lot

ming qin

sql enterprise manger's rigester server doesn't work in a nt workstation

Post by Jim Duga » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Did you move the machine off of the network?
SQL 6.5 needs the network loaded, you can remedy this by loading the MS
Loopback adapter in the network section.  This will allow you to run the
network without having to have a network card.
jim

>Hi everyone
> I installed sql 6.5 evaluation version in my nt 4.0 workstation which is
>standalon machine for two days

>   One problem is sql enterprise manager . I use sp_helpserver in isql/w to
>find my serer name is "ming" and network_name is "ming" and status is blank
and
>id is "0"
>When I start sql enterprise manager, the register server shows some error
>messages when I try to reigister server "ming"
>  the error message is " unable to connect to server( reason:[DB-LIBRARY]
>Unable to connect , sql server is unavailable or does not exist specified
sql
>server not found.

>  do you know how to make it worked.
>thanks a lot

>ming qin

1. Add user in Security Manger - doesn't show in Schema Manger

Using 8.0.5 on NT.  Everything local.
If I create a new user in Security Manager, it doesn't show
up in Schema Manger.  This use to work, but no longer does
and as far as I can tell nothing has changed in environment.
Uses same Tablespaces as ones that do show up.
Refresh or rebooting makes no difference.
Anybody got a clue what I might be missing?

thanks much.

2. Problem: version() does not work correctly

3. NT auth works, SQL Server auth doesn't

4. Full Text Density

5. ORACLE DOESN'T COMPLY TO BASIC STANDARD SQL: SIMPLE QUERIES DOESN'T WORK

6. Ingres 6.4 - where qualification?

7. SQL 7 (RTM Enterprise) Failover wizard doesn't work on IBM NetFinity cluster

8. Timing in Paradox

9. SQL Mail doesn't work but SQLAgentMail works on prod server

10. installing enterprise manger on nt workstation 4

11. Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

12. Registering server doesn't work with SQL Server 7.0

13. Enterprise manager favorites doesn't work