Benchmarking MS SQL 6.5

Post by James William » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

While there is allot of information available about tuning MS SQL 6.5,
Ive seen almost no information about performing benchmarks.  There are
two specific reasons Id like a standard method of benchmarking SQL
Server.  First, I manage five separate MS SQL servers.  Id like to be
able to compare each servers performance.  Second, as I tune MS SQL,
Id like a way to measure the effect of each change I make.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

James Williams

1. Benchmarking MS SQL 6.5

While there is allot of information available about tuning MS SQL 6.5,
Ive seen almost no information about performing benchmarks.  There are
two specific reasons Id like a standard method of benchmarking SQL
Server.  First, I manage five separate MS SQL servers.  Id like to be
able to compare each servers performance.  Second, as I tune MS SQL,
Id like a way to measure the effect of each change I make.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

James Williams

2. US -- Oracle Financials, Manufacturing Needed

3. Help Convert MS Access SQL to MS SQL Server 6.5

4. Questions about Exception I got..

5. Making a MS-SQL 6.5 compatible database with MS-SQL 7.0

6. retrieving stored procedures

7. Documents about the changes from MS SQL 6.5 to MS SQL 2000

8. connecting to Oracle through using the SQORA73N.DLL driver for ODBC and SQL*Net v2.1.5.

9. MS SQL 2000 to MS SQL 6.5

10. ms sql 6.5 vs ms sql 7.0

11. How to Link MS Sql 6.5 to MS Sql 7.0

12. Linked Server MS SQL 7 to MS SQL 6.5

13. Benchmarking MS-SQL 2000