1. Open Source examples of good design/programming practice?[Java]
Can anyone suggest some open source examples of good design/programming
practice preferably in Java?
I suppose http://sourceforge.net/ and http://www.gjt.org projects are
the most accessible.
I have done 6 years commercial coding, but this has mostly been in
maintaining rather than design and development. In Applepie Solutions
(www.applepiesolutions.com) we are developing a new sms messaging system
(for GSM mobile phones) and I want to learn from previous (good)
practice. We are using Linux, java1.2 and UML and we intend to use the
following rough coding standards:
Thinking in java is pretty good, even if you just skip to the end
for the don'ts!
[a critical report on the above]
It does seem to make sense to document, describe or even code unit
ahead of implementation.
I am not sure if there is middleware we can put in the middle instead of
rolling our own threads etc. (say for example services are spread across
machines) I suppose if it is behind interfaces the implementation can be
jlint - java version of lint
junit - simple unit testing framework
gnu make - because it is familiar
suns coding standards:
javadoc home page
freeware jindent download
[later commercial version available]
perl type regular expressions:
[we can use as part of our product for free there is some licensing
restrictions eg no source]
I suggest we standardise on jdk 1.2.2 and borland jbuilder
http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/foundation/ if we need a non emacs/text
editor tool for builds though emacs does have jdb mode and jde
example commented file from
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. ADO/VC++/VB - How to convert LPDISPATCH to _ConnectionPtr
3. Best practices in architecture/design for bulk-loading
4. multi-statement transactions
5. Designing Security, Looking for Best Practices...
6. postgreSQL 7.0.3 + kdevelop 1.4.1
7. Stored Procs, unique temp Tables, and Good Design Practice
8. Install 8I on a SUN/User rights.
9. Database design best practice
10. Database Design Best Practices?
11. OraFocus Weekly: RMan installation and usage, Buffer Cache size advice, Oracle 9iAS Best Practices