Searching Word Documents with Full Text Searching

Searching Word Documents with Full Text Searching

Post by bandylant » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Can I do full text searching for Word documents?

I know that I could use the functionality of IIS to do this
but I don't want to have to reference file names and
locations - I want to store these documents as image data
types in my SQL server database.

Thanks in advance?

1. Full Text Searching in Word Documents

I know that the Index Server Manager can search MSWord documents for
text and apparently SQL Server uses the same engine to do full text
searches.

Can Word documents be that are stored in table be search for with Full
Text Searching just like text files can be?

I want to keep the documents in the database for backup purposes, so
storing them out side the database is a no-no.

I have been unable to test this out as I cannot, for the life of me,
store a Word Document into a table yet - so if anyone can help me here,
I would be very happy as well.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. US-VA Oracle DBA, Web Development, MSCE

3. any document for full text search setup in sql server 2000

4. Refresh DataGrid Contents ?

5. Time-series management

6. searching word docs using full text...

7. New install weird problem

8. Full Text Search - Ignored Words error

9. I want to add new words for Full text search

10. Full text searching for noise words (URGENT)

11. separate full-text search noise words list

12. Changing Noise Words in Full-Text Search