Stored Procedures Replication

Post by Corinn » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:40:06

Hi Everyone!

I am using Transactional Replication with SQL 2000.

I have selected a few Stored Procedures as articles. I am using the
'Replicate the schema only' option as I do not need the execution to be
replicated at the subscriber.

The Stored Procedures schema is being replicated without problem after I run
the Snapshot, LogReader and Dsitribution agents.

My questions are:
I need to change the Stored Procedure definition, should that get replicated
automatically without the need of running the snapshot again?
Is there any way of updating the Stored Procedures definition at the
subscriber without having to re-run the Snapshot?

Thank you for your help

Corinne

Stored Procedures Replication

Post by Ashwi » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:10:10

Hi Corinne,
 If you are not replicating the execution of the stored procedures, then you
would have to
1) Run the snapshot to update the subscriber SP's to the new updated
version. OR
2) Make the publisher side SP changes manually on the subscriber.
HTH
Ashwin

--
Ashwin Kowtha
MSSQL Support

I've been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
reserved.

Quote:> Hi Everyone!

> I am using Transactional Replication with SQL 2000.

> I have selected a few Stored Procedures as articles. I am using the
> 'Replicate the schema only' option as I do not need the execution to be
> replicated at the subscriber.

> The Stored Procedures schema is being replicated without problem after I
run
> the Snapshot, LogReader and Dsitribution agents.

> My questions are:
> I need to change the Stored Procedure definition, should that get
replicated
> automatically without the need of running the snapshot again?
> Is there any way of updating the Stored Procedures definition at the
> subscriber without having to re-run the Snapshot?

> Thank you for your help

> Corinne

1. Stored Procedure replication

Hello, I am replicating data across SQL7 servers using transactional
replication to replicate stored procedure execution. My problem is this,
when inserting a gbp pound sign using a stored procedure (as a parameter
for the sp) it is inserting it as ASCII 156 as per my UK settings (all
server and client defaults are UK so this is good) into the publication
database, but when the stored procedure executes on the subscription
database it is inserting as ASCII 163 (this is bad).

I assume that this is because the core SQL server install is US and the
SP execution via replication has no client context so is inserting a gbp
pound sign as per the US codepage.

I have no such problems with table replication with transactional
replication.

Thanks All,
Stuart Anderson. MCSE MCDBA

2. Query Analyzer and Client Server

3. Stored Procedure Replication

4. Import From Access

5. Stored-procedure replication ODBC syntax error

6. Error message

7. stored procedure replication to Oracle

8. Device interface in Pdox?

9. stored procedure Replication

10. stored procedure replication on sql 7

11. Encrypted User Trigers, Stored Procedures Replication

12. Stored Procedures Replication

13. Beginner Stored Procedure Replication Question