BULK INSERT or BULK COPY

Post by Lynn Penningto » Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:11:38

I have to append a table every week.

I run a SELECT statement with some calculated fields -
about 15,000 records are in the result set.

What is the best way to append a table from a SELECT
result set?

Thanks.
Lynn.

BULK INSERT or BULK COPY

Post by Wayne Snyde » Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:20:20

Have you tried,

insert into mytable select yada from othertable

Quote:> I have to append a table every week.

> I run a SELECT statement with some calculated fields -
> about 15,000 records are in the result set.

> What is the best way to append a table from a SELECT
> result set?

> Thanks.
> Lynn.

BULK INSERT or BULK COPY

Post by John Bel » Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:35:15

Hi

Bulk Insert/Copy would be applicable if the results were in an file, you may
want to use INSERT with a derived table (SELECT).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsql...

John

Quote:> I have to append a table every week.

> I run a SELECT statement with some calculated fields -
> about 15,000 records are in the result set.

> What is the best way to append a table from a SELECT
> result set?

> Thanks.
> Lynn.

BULK INSERT or BULK COPY