VB app vs. same app in a browser

Post by Les Caud » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I've got a very complex database app in progress written in VB with
SQL Server as a back end.  It uses tab controls, multi-column grids
from Sheridan, RDO, etc. and barely fits in an 800x600 screen.

There are multiple screens.

Someone posed the idea of scrapping it and writing the whole thing in
java for a web browser.

I have my own opinions on this, but I'm curious about others
experiences with porting applications to the web, using java, and more
sensible Active X solutions.

Any comments.
--

1. VB Web Browser Apps

I'm a VB or VBA programmer.
I've been asked to supply code for use with SQL Server 2000.
This will supply interactive statistics and graphics thru a web browser GUI.

I have Win 98SE, Visual Studio 6, and Office 2000 Developer.

What software and hardware do I need to do this?

TIA
--
Kevin Hankins
Hankins Computer Services

2. DTS file mapping issue?

3. Running a VB App from a Browser

4. UV/NT: How to identify currently used programs?

5. Named Pipes vs TCP/IP (setting automatically during app install or within app)

6. Importing/Appending DBF files

7. installation problem / path problem

8. RESOLVED: Library APP vs. APPs

9. How to invoke MDX apps written in VB from client apps

10. pasting from VB app to other apps???/possible???

11. Integrating Non-OLE Apps with VB app

12. Opinions: VB vs. Access for DB apps