CUBE or ROLLUP option in GROUP BY statement

CUBE or ROLLUP option in GROUP BY statement

Post by sstrit » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone ever used either of these two options in a group by statement.
There is no listing in the Books on line in SQL Server 7.0.  Thanks.

Scott

CUBE or ROLLUP option in GROUP BY statement

Post by Roy Harv » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Scott,

Quote:>Has anyone ever used either of these two options in a group by statement.
>There is no listing in the Books on line in SQL Server 7.0.  Thanks.

I had no problem finding CUBE and ROLLUP in the BOL, I just selected
the Index tab and typed CUBE.

Roy

CUBE or ROLLUP option in GROUP BY statement

Post by Kalen Delane » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

The current issue of SQL Server Magazine has a big feature article on CUBE
and ROLLUP.
Check it out at www.sqlmag.com or look on the magazine rack of a major
bookstore.

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

Quote:>Scott,

>>Has anyone ever used either of these two options in a group by statement.
>>There is no listing in the Books on line in SQL Server 7.0.  Thanks.

>I had no problem finding CUBE and ROLLUP in the BOL, I just selected
>the Index tab and typed CUBE.

>Roy

CUBE or ROLLUP option in GROUP BY statement

Post by sstrit » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I guess it is not in mine...........have you ever used this
functionality????  Has anyone??  Any high level insight on what the two
terms mean and do would be helpful.

Thanks

Quote:> Scott,

> >Has anyone ever used either of these two options in a group by statement.
> >There is no listing in the Books on line in SQL Server 7.0.  Thanks.

> I had no problem finding CUBE and ROLLUP in the BOL, I just selected
> the Index tab and typed CUBE.

> Roy

CUBE or ROLLUP option in GROUP BY statement

Post by Kalen Delane » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Are you sure you're looking in the Books Online, and not the help that comes
with the tools?

CUBE and ROLLUP are there. There are no different versions of Books Online.

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP
(Please do not send email.
  Post all followups to the newsgroups.)

>I guess it is not in mine...........have you ever used this
>functionality????  Has anyone??  Any high level insight on what the two
>terms mean and do would be helpful.

>Thanks

>> Scott,

>> >Has anyone ever used either of these two options in a group by
statement.
>> >There is no listing in the Books on line in SQL Server 7.0.  Thanks.

>> I had no problem finding CUBE and ROLLUP in the BOL, I just selected
>> the Index tab and typed CUBE.

>> Roy

1. DBMS with group by cube() / group by rollup(), recursive statements

Hello out there,

does someone know a database management system, which can serve queries
with group by cube() / group by rollup(), recursive queries and is free
for educational use?

I don't want to download and install the trial of IBM DB2 (it's big (545
MB) and does a lot with the system while being installed, I've been
told).

Thanks,
Marcel

2. pgsql/contrib/mysql (mysql2pgsql)

3. group by vs rollup vs cube

4. sql server 7.0 extended stored procedure?

5. Grouping sets, cube, rollup functionality

6. 16-bit InterBase in Delphi Developer

7. Option Group/Option Button

8. Determining UserName/Password

9. Failed to update custom rollup for cube levels

10. Rollup/Cube and Count

11. Local Cube using DDL with custom rollup.

12. Rollup of a Cube with lower level calcs

13. custom rollup but in 1 cube only ?