Navision / Sql Database problem

Post by John Kan » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:05:53

Jose,
Depending upon the version of SQL Server (6.5, 7.0 or
2000) that you're using, you should run one of the
following DBCC commands:

DBCC Newalloc (<database_name>)  -- for SQL 6.5
DBCC Checkdb ('<database_name>') -- for SQL 7.0 or 2000

You should also collect and review your SQL Server
errorlogs (under the log directory where you have sql
installed) as well as review your System and Appliction
event logs. If you're using SQL 7.0 or SQL 2000, you can
run SQLDiag.exe to collect all the errorlogs along with
config info.

You should also review your past database backup and
possibly restore them to a test server.

Depending upon the errors in either Newalloc or Checkdb,
you can contact Microsoft PSS SQL Server support for a
server down, depending upon the level of corruption to
help you resolve that corruption or you can restore from
backup if the backup is not corrupted.

Regards,
John

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

-----------------

>      Dear all,

>      We have a very serious situation in our hands,
today our database
>      went to Suspect status.
>      We managed to change the status to normal , and i
can go into the
>database. If i try to post anything in it it freezes,

and if i try to back
Quote:>it up sql says that the status of the database is

emergency mode and does
Quote:>not let me to do it. The status in the database is
Normal.
>      Can anyone help me solving this serious problem???
>      Help, its very urgent.

>      Best regards
>      Jose

>.

1. Navision/Sql Database Problem

      Dear all,

      We have a very serious situation in our hands, today our database
      went to Suspect status.
      We managed to change the status to normal , and i can go into the
database. If i try to post anything in it it freezes, and if i try to back
it up sql says that the status of the database is emergency mode and does
not let me to do it. The status in the database is Normal.
      Can anyone help me solving this serious problem???
      Help, its very urgent.

      Best regards
      Jose

2. Custom DTS Task

3. navision/Sql Database problem

4. What are functional indices good for?

5. Navision/Sql Database Problem

6. Help with DLINK DP-100 print server serial port

7. navision/Sql Database problem

8. OLAP and Dimension reduction

9. Navision / Sql database problem

10. Attemt to create a linked server for connection between sql server and navision database

11. sqlserver 2000 dts import from navision 2.60 own database

12. Sqlserver ( for olap use) on Navision database (*.dfb)

13. OLE Db via ODBC to Navision V2.5 Database