MDX expert, please

Post by swenajed9.. » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:45:44

Greetings:

Below, please find a query I'm currently being frustrated by.  I have
followed whatever WITH examples I could find in books by Wiley, Sams
and Wrox, but I'm not seeing the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks;
Duncan

WITH
SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
AS
        '{
                [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups]
        }'

SELECT

{       [cost month].children

Quote:}

on axis(0),

CROSSJOIN
(       {        [document type].[document type].members
        }
        ,
        {       [measures].[measureslevel].[document id]
        }
)
on axis(1)

FROM
        [vehicle maintenance]
WHERE
(       [Vehicle Groupies]
)

Microsoft? OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services error '80040e14'

OLAP server error: Formula error (no set holder: in referencing a named
<set>).

/english/maintenance_cost/tester.asp, line 246

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

MDX expert, please

Post by Denny Le » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 01:26:54

Hi Duncan,

I believe your statement should probably be closer to this format:
WITH
MEMBER [Vehicle Groups].[Vehicle Groupies]  AS '[Vehicle Groups].[All
Vehicle Groups]'
MEMBER [Measures].[Document] AS 'Crossjoin([Document Type].[Document
Type].members, [Measures].[Document ID])'
SELECT
{
   [Cost Month].Children

Quote:}ON COLUMNS,

{
   [Measures].[Document]
Quote:} ON ROWS

FROM [Vehicle Maintenance]
WHERE [Vehicle Groups].[Vehicle Groupies]

Hope this helps !
denny  8-)
--

Denny Guang Yeu Lee
eCash Technologies

Quote:> Greetings:

> Below, please find a query I'm currently being frustrated by.  I have
> followed whatever WITH examples I could find in books by Wiley, Sams
> and Wrox, but I'm not seeing the problem.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks;
> Duncan

> WITH
> SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
> AS
>         '{
>                 [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups]
>         }'

> SELECT

> {       [cost month].children
> }
> on axis(0),

> CROSSJOIN
> (       {        [document type].[document type].members
>         }
>         ,
>         {       [measures].[measureslevel].[document id]
>         }
> )
> on axis(1)

> FROM
>         [vehicle maintenance]
> WHERE
> (       [Vehicle Groupies]
> )

> Microsoft? OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services error '80040e14'

> OLAP server error: Formula error (no set holder: in referencing a named
> <set>).

> /english/maintenance_cost/tester.asp, line 246

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

MDX expert, please

Post by Ravi Desal » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:27:56

Duncan, try

WITH
SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
AS
        'Generate({
                [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups]
        })'

SELECT

{       [cost month].children

Quote:}

on axis(0),

CROSSJOIN
(       {        [document type].[document type].members
        }
        ,
        {       [measures].[measureslevel].[document id]
        }
)
on axis(1)

FROM
        [vehicle maintenance]
WHERE
(       [Vehicle Groupies]
)

Cheers,  Ravi.

Quote:> Greetings:

> Below, please find a query I'm currently being frustrated by.  I have
> followed whatever WITH examples I could find in books by Wiley, Sams
> and Wrox, but I'm not seeing the problem.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks;
> Duncan

> WITH
> SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
> AS
>         '{
>                 [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups]
>         }'

> SELECT

> {       [cost month].children
> }
> on axis(0),

> CROSSJOIN
> (       {        [document type].[document type].members
>         }
>         ,
>         {       [measures].[measureslevel].[document id]
>         }
> )
> on axis(1)

> FROM
>         [vehicle maintenance]
> WHERE
> (       [Vehicle Groupies]
> )

> Microsoft? OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services error '80040e14'

> OLAP server error: Formula error (no set holder: in referencing a named
> <set>).

> /english/maintenance_cost/tester.asp, line 246

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

MDX expert, please

Post by Mauro Viann » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 05:05:15

Duncan,

I'm not sure but I believe that the problem is at your SET definition:

SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
 AS
         '{
                 [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups]
         }'

It should be:

SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
 AS
         '{
                 [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups].MEMBERS   (** or
CHILDREN? **)
         }'

I agree with Deny that using members could be a better solution in this
case. If you keep having problems, try making similar queries with Foodmart
database so that we can try to fix it for you. I know it is not the real
thing but this way other people can execute it also.

best regards,
Mauro Vianna

Quote:> Greetings:

> Below, please find a query I'm currently being frustrated by.  I have
> followed whatever WITH examples I could find in books by Wiley, Sams
> and Wrox, but I'm not seeing the problem.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks;
> Duncan

> WITH
> SET     [Vehicle Groupies]
> AS
>         '{
>                 [Vehicle Groups].[All Vehicle Groups]
>         }'

> SELECT

> {       [cost month].children
> }
> on axis(0),

> CROSSJOIN
> (       {        [document type].[document type].members
>         }
>         ,
>         {       [measures].[measureslevel].[document id]
>         }
> )
> on axis(1)

> FROM
>         [vehicle maintenance]
> WHERE
> (       [Vehicle Groupies]
> )

> Microsoft? OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services error '80040e14'

> OLAP server error: Formula error (no set holder: in referencing a named
> <set>).

> /english/maintenance_cost/tester.asp, line 246

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. MDX Question for the experts!

I have a MOLAP cube with two Date dimensions, ArrivalDate and ActivityDate,
both generated from a view based on a Time table that has 8 years worth of
data
and each with 5 levels, Year, Quarter, Month, Week, Date.

I need to be able to create a report that shows values for measures and
calculated members
for activities between to Activity Dates with an Arrival Date > then a
specific date.

This is what I do. I create a Set for ActivityRange and a Set for
ArrivalRange.

If I use the two range Sets, as I actually need too, at the same time, the
server takes way to long to get back.
Actually I have to cancel the Query because it takes all the available
resources.

The cube is a MOLAP and it is very small and still takes forever.

Since I would need to deploy such report against a very large cube does
anyone know
of a better way to cut down on query delay?

Thanks.

2. quote_ident and schemas (was Re: connectby with schema)

3. MDX syntax - PLEASE show me the way

5. MDX help please

6. UNINSTALL MDAC 2.7 REFRESH

7. Please HELP(MDX )

8. Limiting the Number of Rows Returned

9. Please Help with very slow MDX! Thanks

10. mdx error please help me....

11. MDX Question - Please Help

12. MDX Question - Please help

13. MDX for YTDs -- PLEASE