RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally

Post by Neera » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:58:06

Hi All,
        When I am applying transaction log on my standby server I am getting
the Below mentioned error.
can anybody tell me when will this error come and how should I rectify the
situation.

ERROR :

RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013)
 The log in this backup set begins at LSN 1921000000441700001,
which is too late to apply to the database.
An earlier log backup that includes LSN 1920000001246400001 can be restored.
[SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 4305).
The step failed.

regards
Neeraj

1. "Restore operation terminating abnormally"

MS SQL Server 7.0.
While trying to restore a database from a backup file (the backup was done on
another server) I get a message:
"Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)
The database you are attempting to restore was backed up under a different
Unicode locale ID (33280) or Unicode comparison style (0) than the Unicode
locale ID (1033) or Unicode comparison style (196609) currently running on this
server.
Backup or restore operation terminating abnormally".
Is it possible to restore the database without rebuilding the master database?
What is locale ID 33280? I found ID 1033 is English but 33280 doesn't
correspond with any of 24 default languages installed in MS SQL Server.

--
Jacek Sierpinski

2. newbie exception handling question

3. Restore database is terminating abnormally

4. OLAP via IIS

5. Restore Database terminated abnormally

6. pg_dump ordering

7. Error 945 Backup or restore operation terminated abnormally

8. Informix online docs anywhere?

9. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

10. SQLMerge creates orphaned processes if terminated abnormally

11. Backup terminating abnormally

12. process has been terminated abnormally. SQLSTATE=38503