xp_sendmail and carriage returns

Post by GAPS » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello:
I need to xp_sendmail to my alpha beeper.  The  body of the message
requires several lines separated by a carriage return.  The syntax:
xp_sendmail 'me','BEEPME:' & Char(013) & 'Subject etc....'
fails because of the &
if I make a string with :'BEEPME: char(013) Subject etc....' it does not
insert a carriage return
Any suggestions
Thanks
--

xp_sendmail and carriage returns

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Try using the plus sign.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
 Using Virtual Access 4.01 build 232 (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP3

xp_sendmail and carriage returns

Post by <alphaducent.. » Thu, 09 Oct 1997 04:00:00

May you should try:

altenatively replace + char(13) + by "'
'"
signle quote, then return then single quote.

Alternatively store your message in a temp table with 1 Text column and use

> Hello:
> I need to xp_sendmail to my alpha beeper.  The  body of the message
> requires several lines separated by a carriage return.  The syntax:
> > fails because of the &
> if I make a string with :'BEEPME: char(013) Subject etc....' it does not
> insert a carriage return
> Any suggestions
> Thanks
> --

1. Carriage Return vs. no Carriage Return

We are having a difference of opinion in our dept. about whether or not
a text file used as input into our database should have a carriage
return at the end of each record.  Should it or shouldn't it have a
carriage return at the end of each record?  Why or Why not?  Please
submit your philosophy on this subject.

Barry Stubbs
Windham School District

2. COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver ?????

3. select returns carriage returns

4. Query to get desired paging functionality ?

5. Help - returning a Carriage Return to client

6. Stored Procedure Syntax error

7. fgets() returns a carriage return!

8. can server listen on unix domain socket?

9. INSERT statement for data containing linefeeds, carriage returns

10. removing a carriage return within a text field

11. Carriage Returns

12. Carriage Returns in Fields