SQL Mail and Local System Account

Post by Ertuerul ?zürü » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:29:05

Hi all,

I want to learn if SQL Mail can be used if SQL Server service account is set
to Local System Account.

Regards

Baris

SQL Mail and Local System Account

Post by Christer Soderlun » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 19:39:01

Hi!
No. You need a named account so you can set up the mail properties in
outlook
Christer Soderlund, MCDBA

Quote:> Hi all,

> I want to learn if SQL Mail can be used if SQL Server service account is
set
> to Local System Account.

> Regards

> Baris

1. Local System Account or Domain Account For SQL Server Service

For SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Advanced
Server, should we use the local system account to run the SQL Server
Service, or a Windows domain account?  I understand some of the
benefits of using a domain account for the agent e.g. SQL Mail,
although this is not supported for SQL Server clusters, but am
clueless when it comes to the server service.

Also, are there some security issues with using the local system
account?  Can a stored procedure writer use xp_cmd to do something
nasty, like format C:\ ?  If so, what kind of privs do you need to
give to your domain account?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

Ken

2. When i try to read an text field form an sql database the recordset can not open it.

3. confusion between local system account and this account in services log on as

4. MONEY

5. Service Account vs. Local System Account

6. Change number to word

7. ORACLE on NT and/or Unix clients on Long Island

8. Tasks not running when SQL Executive using local system account

9. Cluster shares and local system account access

10. SQLAgent Service receiveing tran replication can start with local system account

11. Copy database error related to using a local system account

12. Giving Local System Account Access to SQL2k database