Including a text field in a SELECT statement

Including a text field in a SELECT statement

Post by Nate Heldma » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have a query that return about 10 fields of data which is run on an ASP
page, and returned as HTML.  I am able to write all of the data until the
APS tries to write the the text field.  There is a WHERE clause in the
statement, and I have found a bit of info stating that the text field will
not work with a WHERE statement unless there is also a LIKE statement.  My
problem with that is that I don't know what is contained in that statement
so I cannot compare it with anything.  I am VERY new to SQL, and am learning
it on the fly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The statement in its
entirety is below.

"SELECT * from crtrklst WHERE cr_ctrl_num = '" & controlnum & "';"

The text field that I am trying to retrieve and display is "issue_desc" and
is part of the table crtrklst.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nate