Cannot install Personal or Trial SQL 2000 on Windows XP Prof

Cannot install Personal or Trial SQL 2000 on Windows XP Prof

Post by Momo » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:22:06

After installing Visual Studio .NET on my Windows XP Prof, I am trying to
develope ADO. Net as a beginner.  However, I tried many times to install the
Personal, Trial SQL 2000 or even the MSDE on my Windows XP Prof, it failed
no matter what during the setup.

I have already updated the .Net Framework and the ASP.net works fine with
the VS .Net

Did I do anything wrong? or I have to re-install the whole system again?

Pls help!  I am so stucked in this situation now.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Hermoso

Cannot install Personal or Trial SQL 2000 on Windows XP Prof

Post by SQL Server Development Team [MSFT » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 02:38:45

Are you getting any error messages?

Sincerely,
Stephen Dybing

Quote:> After installing Visual Studio .NET on my Windows XP Prof, I am trying to
> develope ADO. Net as a beginner.  However, I tried many times to install
the
> Personal, Trial SQL 2000 or even the MSDE on my Windows XP Prof, it failed
> no matter what during the setup.

> I have already updated the .Net Framework and the ASP.net works fine with
> the VS .Net

> Did I do anything wrong? or I have to re-install the whole system again?

> Pls help!  I am so stucked in this situation now.

> Thanks in advance.

> Best regards,
> Hermoso

1. Cannot install Personal or Trial SQL 2000 on Windows XP Prof

After installing Visual Studio .NET on my Windows XP Prof, I am trying to
develope ADO. Net as a beginner.  However, I tried many times to install the
Personal, Trial SQL 2000 or even the MSDE on my Windows XP Prof, it failed
no matter what during the setup.

I have already updated the .Net Framework and the ASP.net works fine with
the VS .Net

Did I do anything wrong? or I have to re-install the whole system again?

Pls help!  I am so stucked in this situation now.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Hermoso

2. Creating Databases via Java code

3. Error while Installing Sql server 2000(Evalution copy) on Windows XP Prof

4. translating SQL Profiler traces

5. Cannot install MSDE on Windows XP Prof

6. Cross Database Updates using SQL

7. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

8. OLE objects from Paradox table to Delphi form?

9. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 (trial version)

10. Cannot Install SQL Server 2000 120 day trial on Win 2K Pro machine

11. Error on Data Environment Using Sql 2000 Personal Edition w/ Windows XP Pro

12. Can't install SQL Server 2000 Personal Edition in my XP professional

13. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on Windows 2000 Professional