"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by idaco.. » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
Manager, but it has a "Unknown Error", and I can't access the data in
the tables of the SQL database....But if I use the SQL Query Analyzer,
I can access the data with the same query commands that I use with the
SQL Enterprise MAnager...Someone can help me?

PS: excuse my english, I'm learning it yet :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by Graham Sha » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Any chance of posting the query that is giving you the problem? There are
some queries that can't be represented 'Graphically' in the EM

--
Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE

>Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
>Manager, but it has a "Unknown Error", and I can't access the data in
>the tables of the SQL database....But if I use the SQL Query Analyzer,
>I can access the data with the same query commands that I use with the
>SQL Enterprise MAnager...Someone can help me?

>PS: excuse my english, I'm learning it yet :-)

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by idaco.. » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

The problem occur with any simple query. Before I don't have this
problem. It's began to happen two days ago. I think that probably I
need to install EM again. What you think??...Thanks

> Any chance of posting the query that is giving you the problem? There
are
> some queries that can't be represented 'Graphically' in the EM

> --
> Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.

> >Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
> >Manager, but it has a "Unknown Error", and I can't access the data in
> >the tables of the SQL database....But if I use the SQL Query
Analyzer,
> >I can access the data with the same query commands that I use with
the
> >SQL Enterprise MAnager...Someone can help me?

> >PS: excuse my english, I'm learning it yet :-)

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by Graham Sha » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>need to install EM again. What you think??...Thanks

probably

Have you applied any SP's to SQL MDAC etc lately?

--
Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE

>The problem occur with any simple query. Before I don't have this
>problem. It's began to happen two days ago. I think that probably I
>need to install EM again. What you think??...Thanks

>> Any chance of posting the query that is giving you the problem? There
>are
>> some queries that can't be represented 'Graphically' in the EM

>> --
>> Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE
>> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.

>> >Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
>> >Manager, but it has a "Unknown Error", and I can't access the data in
>> >the tables of the SQL database....But if I use the SQL Query
>Analyzer,
>> >I can access the data with the same query commands that I use with
>the
>> >SQL Enterprise MAnager...Someone can help me?

>> >PS: excuse my english, I'm learning it yet :-)

>> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> >Before you buy.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by idaco.. » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

no lately, my SQL server 7.0 only has SP1...

> >need to install EM again. What you think??...Thanks

> probably

> Have you applied any SP's to SQL MDAC etc lately?

> --
> Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.

> >The problem occur with any simple query. Before I don't have this
> >problem. It's began to happen two days ago. I think that probably I
> >need to install EM again. What you think??...Thanks

> >> Any chance of posting the query that is giving you the problem?
There
> >are
> >> some queries that can't be represented 'Graphically' in the EM

> >> --
> >> Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.

Quote:> >> >Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
> >Analyzer,
> >the

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by Skinne » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Ensure that you have connected to the SQL server, via Enterprise Manager,
using the same login ID and password you did when using query analyser.

For example, you may have connected to the SQL server via EM using say, a
generic NT account.  When using Query analyser, you may have connected using
sa, or the datbase/table owners.

The queries then, depending on what they are, will vary, as the logins have
different perms.

Anyway, ensure you are using the Query Analyser account for both
connections.

Ray Skinner.

>Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
>Manager, but it has a "Unknown Error", and I can't access the data in
>the tables of the SQL database....But if I use the SQL Query Analyzer,
>I can access the data with the same query commands that I use with the
>SQL Enterprise MAnager...Someone can help me?

>PS: excuse my english, I'm learning it yet :-)

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

"Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Post by Kanwa » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the database server from
enterprise manager

Kanwar