How can I restore a database from one NT server to another?

How can I restore a database from one NT server to another?

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:53:20

Keith,

The database users gets moved over with the restore.
But the logins wont because their information is stored in master database
since it is something server level.You may have to restore master database
too in that case..
Please refer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/articles/Q246/1/33.asp....

May be it works for SQL7.0 to SQL7.0 too.

Dinesh.

How can I restore a database from one NT server to another?

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 04:14:42

Here is a woroking link:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q246/1/33.ASP

You might also be able to use the stored procedure sp_change_users_login.
Read up on it within Books Online.

Nice name!

--
Keith
==============

  I periodically wish to restore my production database to my development
database. I can move all of the data, but I'm not sure how I can move the
SQL
Server7 users.

  Any ideas?

1. HELP Restoring Master database from one SQL6.5 server to another SQL Server in different network

We are testing the upgrade of a SQL server 6.5 to 7.0. The problem is after
I restore the Master Database to the TEST NETWORK SQL Server V6.5 from our
production Server V6.5 everything looks successful however after running
DBCC NEWALLOC against master I receive an error message saying that the
table is corrupt, which prevents me from a successful upgrade to 7.0.The
upgrade stops at the first step SQL- DMO UPGRADE on 7.0. This server and the
production server are both member servers therefore the user account from
our production server are not present in our testing environment, we use
integrated security on SQL so I didn't think this should be the problem.

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome, PLEASE.

2. <No Subject Supplied>

3. Backup SQL 7.0 database on NT server and restore on 2000 server

4. DESPERATE- How Do I "FORCE" Microsoft Jet engine ODBC to flush /stop the database caching it appears to operate

5. Restoring database from one server to another

6. pgsql/ChangeLogs ChangeLog-7.1beta6-7.1RC1

7. Sequence of Restoring Databases from one Server to another

8. Apostrophe in SQL query

9. Restore of Database from one SQL server to another

10. Help: Replicating one SQL database to another NT Server

11. Move database server from one NT to another

12. How to use sp_attach/detach or backup/restore from one server to another server