linked servers with progress DB using multiple licenses

linked servers with progress DB using multiple licenses

Post by Si » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:22:32

I have SQLServer 7 linked to a Progress database using their OLEDB driver.
I created a view of columns I wanted from the progress table, and then a
view joining SQLServer table to the progress view.
When accessing this sqlserver/progress view in Query analyser progress has
reported that 2 OLDDB licences are in use, and when accessing it from a
Windows client App it accounts for three licenses. Is there a setting that
needs to be changed to force 1 connection licence to be used and is this
SQLServer inducing the different connections?

Simon