merge replication doesn't merge records

Post by KNV » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

What is the merge agent's history saying?

--
KNV
Check out http://members.tripod.com/~vyaskn/SQLServerRes.html for SQL Server

Quote:> I have been trying to set up merge replication records in 2 tables between
2

Post by Barb Swaffor » Mon, 09 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have been trying to set up merge replication records in 2 tables between 2
databases. the tables and the databases have the same name on both servers.
i have also tried doing it with different table and database names but it
still doesn't work. it's 2 servers and 1 domain under nt4. the publication
says it generates the snapshot. i have tried both pull and push
subscriptions and while it says it has run the job, no records from the
other database show up. when i set up a merge publication, do i need to do
steps beyond what is done in the wizard?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

merge replication doesn't merge records

Post by Barb Swaffor » Mon, 09 Aug 1999 04:00:00

merge agent under the publisher says never started for a status. And when
you right click the merge agent both start and stop are grayed out.
Looking at the pull subscription under the subscriber database it says
succeeded for a status.

1. Merge Replication doesn't sync all articles

Hi everybody,

I have setup a merge publication in SQL 7.0 SP3. The clients will be running Jet 4.0 and will be syncronized by the Merge Control. The syncronization was working pretty good with 9 articles. But, when I added one more article, the syncronization process only the seven first articles, try to syncronize the last added article (didn't get syncronized) and the other 2 articles aren't processed.

All FK were set to NOT FOR REPLICATION.

Do you have some idea about this problem? Below two tracing from the SQLMerge_Status event to illustrate the problem.

This is the tracing from SQLMerge_Status event, BEFORE the article wgUsuario was added:

Starting Merge Replication.
Initializing
Connecting to Publisher 'SANTOS'
Connecting to Subscriber 'FLAMENGO'
Retrieving publication information
Retrieving subscription information
Applying the snapshot to the Subscriber
Uploading data changes to the Publisher
No data needed to be merged.
Downloading data changes to the Subscriber
Processing deletions from SANTOS.Test
Processing article 'wgFitaVideo'
Processing article 'wgLoja'
Processing article 'wgFormaPag'
Processing article 'wgMsg'
Processing article 'wgMaquina'
Processing article 'wgEstoque'
Processing article 'wgPDV'
Processing article 'wgMsgLoja'
Processing article 'wgMovPDV'
Merged 43 data changes (43 inserts, 0 updates, 0 deletes, 0 conflicts).

This is the tracing from SQLMerge_Status event, AFTER the article wgUsuario was added:

Starting Merge Replication.
Initializing
Connecting to Publisher 'SANTOS'
Connecting to Subscriber 'FLAMENGO'
Retrieving publication information
Retrieving subscription information
Applying the snapshot to the Subscriber
Uploading data changes to the Publisher
No data needed to be merged.
Downloading data changes to the Subscriber
Processing deletions from SANTOS.Test
Processing article 'wgFitaVideo'
Processing article 'wgLoja'
Processing article 'wgFormaPag'
Processing article 'wgMsg'
Processing article 'wgMaquina'
Processing article 'wgEstoque'
Processing article 'wgPDV'
Processing article 'wgUsuario'
Merged 41 data changes (41 inserts, 0 updates, 0 deletes, 0 conflicts).

Thanks.

Sergio Paro.

2. DTS Text Import from COBOL output

3. Merge replication doesn't sync all rows ?

4. Set-up of SQL

5. ??Merge replication doesn't work on servers across different domains

6. converting SQL server to Access

7. Merge Replication: a record from Publisher isn't inserted to Subscriber

8. Message - No data needed to be merged - using merge replication

9. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

10. merge replication using Active X merge control

11. Merge Replication with ftp fails after adding A New Merge Article

12. Filtered Merge Replication 'Invalid Column Name'