empty result set even though there is data

empty result set even though there is data

Post by chri » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 05:51:05

I am running the following query against a remote server

select * from sqldev1.richtest.dbo.tr_stock_transactions_st

Pretty simple huh? I am logged in as a Domain Admin. There is data in the
table. I get back all the table columns so I know its making it to the
machine/db/table. But the result set is empty. And again there is data in
the table.
Any ideas???
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Did I mention that there is data in the table?

SQL 2000 sp1 WIN2K

empty result set even though there is data

Post by Jun Ch » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 11:07:22

Hello,

What remote login are you mapping? Does the remote login map to a user/role
that has the proper read permission to access the table?

Regards,
Jun Chen

I've been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

empty result set even though there is data

Post by Jun Ch » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 11:31:34

By the way, are you referring to remote server or linked server?

You may note stored procedures and distributed queries are allowed against
linked servers; however, only stored procedures are allowed against remote
servers.

Regards,
-jun

1. empty result set even though tere is data

I am running the following query against a remote server

select * from sqldev1.richtest.dbo.tr_stock_transactions_st

Pretty simple huh? I am logged in as a Domain Admin. There is data in the
table. I get back all the table columns so I know its making it to the
machine/db/table. But the result set is empty. And again there is data in
the table.
Any ideas???
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Did I mention that there is data in the table?

SQL 2000 sp1 WIN2K

2. UNIX C/ Ingres developers needed

3. Opening an empty recordset even though the opened table has data

4. dbcc traceon (1205)

5. No results even though catalog populated

6. Any experience with log restore from disk

7. query results shows NULL, even though where predicate has NOT NULL

8. US-NY: New York City-Oracle Functional Payroll Consultant

9. Null in destination even though test shows non-null data

10. unixODBC - Inline TDS Driver 1.6 - Data in result set is empty

11. result set empty(but thers data)

12. database not growing even though growth turned on

13. Unable to start jobs even though SQL Agent is running