Beginner Question: Converting Access 2.0 to SQL Server

Beginner Question: Converting Access 2.0 to SQL Server

Post by iceh.. » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Our company currently maintains all of its databases in Access 2.0.
I've recently setup MS SQL Server 6.0 on NT 3.51.  I'd like to move
all of our data from Access 2.0 to SQL Server. I've found that I can
export tables, but that doesn't maintain the relationships between the
tables.

Is there any easy (and hopefully quick) way of moving Access 2.0
databases to SQL Server?

Mike Benson

1. VB3/Access 2.0 Stupid Beginner Question

At a glance I can see that you need an error handler for this line of
code when you have an empty table.

dtaTotalCards.Recordset.MoveFirst

An ON ERROR RESUME NEXT would do.

if err then
   err=0
end if

I wouldn't worry about counting the number of records in the table.  The
error statement would do this.

If you really need a count then you could do this with the following
statement:

SELECT table.field1, count(table.field1) AS aliasfield
FROM table
WHERE table.field2=value
GROUP BY table.field1

--
Alexander Medwedew
Computer Ventures, Inc.

http://tribeca.ios.com/~compvent/
CADVANCE LITE - Affordable CAD Software
http://tribeca.ios.com/~compvent/cadvlite.html

2. Error installing MS SQL Server 2000 - MDAC 2.5 already installed

3. extended stored proc trouble with srv_paramsetoutput

4. Convert Access 2.0 to Oracle Client/Server

5. Problem: Installing oracle client on Win98

6. Convert access 2.0 to access 2000 database

7. Accessing DOS without the Window?

8. Convert Access 2.0 database into Access 97

9. Help: convert access 2.0 to access 97 using VB 5.0

10. Help: programatically convert access 2.0 to access 97 using vb5

11. Converting Access 2.0 to Access 97 or 2000

12. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 1.0 or 1.1