Restoring published database to a new server.

Restoring published database to a new server.

Post by Robert Drake » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:22:11

I am currently running sql server 7.0 service pak 3.
For disaster recovery I need to restore the databases on
new server. I am able to restore master and msdb from the
production server backup files. When I attempt to restore
a user published database I get an error message that
states the database cannot be restored because it is
published. I do not want to drop the subscriber(s) because
the new server is on the network and will affect the
production subscriber(s).  Nor did I restore the
distribution database from the backup file.  How can I
manually disable or alter master to not tag the database
as a published database and drop the distribution database
cleanly ?

I found an article recommended updating category in the
sysdatabase table.

Restoring published database to a new server.

Post by Raj Gil » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:42:34

Have you looked at this article?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/repl...
lbackup_4cku.asp

rgill

Quote:> I am currently running sql server 7.0 service pak 3.
> For disaster recovery I need to restore the databases on
> new server. I am able to restore master and msdb from the
> production server backup files. When I attempt to restore
> a user published database I get an error message that
> states the database cannot be restored because it is
> published. I do not want to drop the subscriber(s) because
> the new server is on the network and will affect the
> production subscriber(s).  Nor did I restore the
> distribution database from the backup file.  How can I
> manually disable or alter master to not tag the database
> as a published database and drop the distribution database
> cleanly ?

> I found an article recommended updating category in the
> sysdatabase table.

1. restoring published database to a new server

I am currently running sql server 7.0 service pak 3.
For disaster recovery I need to restore the databases on
new server. I am able to restore master and msdb from the
production server backup files. When I attempt to restore
a user published database I get an error message that
states the database cannot be restored because it is
published. I do not want to drop the subscriber(s) because
the new server is on the network and will affect the
production subscriber(s).  Nor did I restore the
distribution database from the backup file.  How can I
manually disable or alter master to not tag the database
as a published database and drop the distribution database
cleanly ?

Sincerely
Robert

2. Update Statistics

3. Restoring a published database to a non- published database

4. SQL Question: The Limo Problem

5. Restoring a published database into SQL Server 2000

6. How to I enter extended ascii characters (PdoxWin

7. restore to new database to new server

8. Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

9. Restoring a database, fails with database not published

10. Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

11. Database is not published error upon restore