Generating scripts of stored procedures

Post by Ben » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

hi,

i generate scripts of my stored procedures in individual files and store
them into sourcesafe.  this way, i can keep track of versions of the stored
procedures.  i am now considering using the technique in checking which
stored procedures have changed when i deploy them to the production server.

when i generate stored procedure scripts via enterprise manager, it adds the
following line (or similar):

    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER  OFF    SET ANSI_NULLS  ON

these settings which are in effect when the sp was created are supposed to
be saved with the sp.  my problem is that the stored procedures in our
production server have recorded with them different settings.  thus, when i
compare the stored procedures between servers, sourcesafe always indicates
that they are different (because the SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER line are
different) even if the sp text are the same.

is there any way to modify these settings?  they don't show up when i edit
the sp.

t.i.a.

Ben

Generating scripts of stored procedures

Post by Glenn Crow » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Ben,

    I believe these are always included with the definition of the sp.  If
you wan't to change them, you will need to configure your connection
settings and drop then recreate the sp.  I don't think that Alter proc will
work.

HTH,
-glennc

Quote:> hi,

> i generate scripts of my stored procedures in individual files and store
> them into sourcesafe.  this way, i can keep track of versions of the
stored
> procedures.  i am now considering using the technique in checking which
> stored procedures have changed when i deploy them to the production
server.

> when i generate stored procedure scripts via enterprise manager, it adds
the
> following line (or similar):

>     SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER  OFF    SET ANSI_NULLS  ON

> these settings which are in effect when the sp was created are supposed to
> be saved with the sp.  my problem is that the stored procedures in our
> production server have recorded with them different settings.  thus, when
> compare the stored procedures between servers, sourcesafe always indicates
> that they are different (because the SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER line are
> different) even if the sp text are the same.

> is there any way to modify these settings?  they don't show up when i edit
> the sp.

> t.i.a.

> Ben

1. HELP-Generate script of Stored procedures

I need to generate scripts some of stored procedures from one database and
move them to another database. Any suggestion to do it by scheduled task?
I have written some script like this:

declare cursor xx
        select text from syscomments
open xx
while ...

..but the text is no possible to use as a script for loading, because
somewhere the text of a procedure is split and it is unrecognized during
load.
        (Sorry for my English)

                                Zdenek Bittner
                                CS-Zivnostenska pojistovna a.s.
                                Pardubice
                                Czech Republik

2. Webmaster needed!

3. Generate scripts for stored procedures in database?

4. trying NOT to select a field

5. generate SQL scripts from a script or stored procedure

6. How do I insert a row (record) into a dbgrid?

7. How to generate script for stored procedure in ISQLW?

8. New Product Launch!

9. How to Generate Scripts for System Stored Procedures from master table

10. Script to generate stored procedures

11. Generating Stored procedures script

12. Generate sql script for encrypted stored procedures

13. Generating CREATE TABLE script through a stored procedure