cant install sql server 6.5, error -3

Post by Remove .com from email to rep » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup
Subject: Re: cant install sql server 6.5, error -3
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:33:13 GMT

Same here -- I've been fighting with this for over a week now  :(
I removed all registry entries and all files on disk.  The only thing
I can figure is there must be some INI file somewhere or some other
non-obvious registry entry (however, you'd figure the installation
proceedure would overwrite them).  There have been at least two other
people with the same problem here the past two weeks.  If Microsoft is
reading this newsgroup, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Note:  If I get mine to work, I'll post the fix.

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 18:23:07 -1000, Mike Kiskiel