Transfering data sructure from a devt box to a production box

Transfering data sructure from a devt box to a production box

Post by Pascal Duchem » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 05:59:25

Hi,

I'm working on a SQL Server 7 project.

There's a development box with dummy data and a production box with
real data.

When I make a change in a table ( such as changing an int to a
smallint ) on the develoment box I would like to be able to make that
change happen on the production box also.

I tried to use the "export Wizard" from the devt to the production box
but weither all data on the destination box are erased or replaced by
the data which where on the source box.

My question is: is there a way to export the changes from a develoment
box to a production box without altering the data on the production
box ?

Thanks a lot ...

1. Update views from dev box to production box

Ugg.  We have a production and development SQL Server.

When I want to update views and sprocs from my dev box to our production box it drops all the views but doesnt create half of the ones it should be adding back because views they are dependant on havnt been created.

How do I get around this?

I am scripting the objects using "Genereate SQL Scripts..."

2. PCFILE - shareware where?

3. Vb 4.0 Problems updating Text Boxes from Combo Box linked to Data Control

4. Error Preforming Query

5. data from a remote Oracle box to my inhouse box

6. Designer and CASE Exchange

7. SQL 2000 - Lock Issues (Production Box).

8. Join Problem in SQL 7

9. Changing SA password on production Box

10. REQ: Help setting up Web box and separated SQL box with MTS Objects

11. HELP Forms, combo boxes, text boxes