Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

Post by Sarath » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 01:19:57

Dear Members/Support Team,
I tried installing sql server 2000 on Windows 2000
professiona, In the setup process it says server
components does not support and only client components can
be installed.
When the the setup was about to complete there was a erros
showing class not registered properly.

After the installatio I tried to open the Enterprise
manager of SQL Server, It does not function.

I kindly request you to help me on this.

Thanks with Regards
Sarathy

Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:16:04

What edition of SQL Server did you try to install?  You can't install
Standard or Enterprise editions on XP Pro.  Only Developer, Personal or
Desktop.

--

Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP