If I generate a script for my database, drop the database, then recreate it
using the script I loose all of the diagrams. Is there any way to preserve
the diagrams when recreating the database?
Q. How can I transfer database diagrams from one SQL 7 server to another?Quote:> If I generate a script for my database, drop the database, then recreate it
> using the script I loose all of the diagrams. Is there any way to preserve
> the diagrams when recreating the database?
A. Assuming you have identical databases and the dtproperties table exists on
the target db then use :-
object_id, value, lvalue, version
Neil Pike MVP/MCSE. Protech Computing Ltd
(Please reply only to the newsgroup unless indicated otherwise)
For SQL FAQ entries see
sqlfaq.zip in http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver. Download from lib 1.
or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (download as part of ntfaq)
1. Recreating Database Devices, Databases etc.
I have a server (A) with the following user created database device:
Device Name Size
es 150 Mb
On this device the following database has been created and expanded in
this order (both data and log are on the same device):
Database Name Data Size Log Size
thule 30 Mb 10 Mb
thule 10 Mb 0 Mb
Now the total size of the thule database is 50 Mb. Executing
have 39.66 Mb of unallocated space.
I have tried to move this database to a different server (B) with a
different sort order, using backup and restore as the transfer method.
The dump file is only 9957 Kb.
And now for the questions:
1. Does the es device on server A have to be exactly the same size as on
server B? (I want to have a smaller device.)
2. Does the thule database have to created with the same size and in the
same order on server B before restoring, and if yes, why?
3. Can I create a new database device on server B, and transfer the 10
Mb log to this device?
4. Upon restoring I am told that the backup was done from a server with
a different sort order. But the restore seems to be okay anyway. Is it
2. Slow SqlServer with Replication?
3. How to preserve database intergrity?
4. PEARL, CGI
5. Moving a database diagram to another database...
7. Error in VC5.0 DATABASE project trying to use a DATABASE DIAGRAM
9. VB6 - Database Diagram for Access Database
10. Restores & recreating Databases
11. Recreating Devices and Databases
12. How to recreate a database on another server with different sort order
13. Simplest way to recreate a database on another server