MDAC 2.1 to MDAC 2.0

Post by Philippe Coutellie » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I've install Microsoft Data Access Compoments 2.1 on my NT machine,
unfortunatly i get now somes problems with one off my software.

Is there any body who know how to go back to Microsoft Data Access
Compoments 2.0 ?

Thanks

--
Philippe Coutellier

MDAC 2.1 to MDAC 2.0

Post by john_poll.. » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

You can install the client again from a SQL 6.5 CD and confirm that you
want to install the older version over the new one.

What errors were you seeing, btw?

--
John Pollins
SysAdmin/DBA MIS/EDMS

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. MDAC 2.0 & 2.1 V MDAC 1.5

When running MDAC 2.0 or 2.1 on IIS 4.0 the speed of accessing Access or SQL
data fall's through the floor, a report that used to take 16 seconds would
take 2 mins 43 seconds. Having spoken to Microsoft I have had to revert to
MDAC 1.5 and this was not easy. However this now leaves me with the problem
of Access 2000 and SQL 7.0. I have heard tale of a mythical version 2.2 from
the support person at Microsoft however no one seams to know how to get hold
of it or even if it does exist.

Is it possible to :

1) Fix the speed Issues with MDAC 2.1 or MDAC 2.0
2) Get hold of the Mythical MDAC 2.2
3) Get MDAC 1.5 to work with SQL 7.0 and Access 2000.
4)Are these issues resoved with Windows 2000 and IIS 5.0.

Bill Button
Technical Manager
Pathtrace PLC (UK)

2. Problem to connect to Oracle 7.2 on a AIX Server

3. MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

4. Newbie. Using sp_executesql without char(39)?

5. ODBC Drive returns records using MDAC 2.0 but not MDAC 2.1 SP 2

6. Tricky query question

7. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

8. Help ! Screen Form Problem.

9. MDAC 2.6 on the Server and MDAC 2.1 on the Client - Big Problems

10. mdac 2.1 to mdac 2.6

11. MDAC 2.1 vs MDAC 2.5?