Monitoring SQL 2000 w/ SNMP

Post by Ed Laffer » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:51:51

I am trying to monitor my SQL 2000 installation with the SNMP MIBs
provided by the product.  While I can WALK the Microsoft/Apps/SQL
Server branch and get results, if I try to GET any specific OID I
receive nothing but error messages.  For example, if I want all the
results from the sqlSrvInfoTable branch I do the following:

snmputil walk <IP Address> <Community> .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.4.1.1.2.1

Results are returned, however a sample OID looks like the following:

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.microsoft.software.4.1.1.2.1.1.10.83.69.65.82.67.72.68.66.48.50

The above OID returns the name of my server.  If I then try to get the
above, I get the error "Error: errorStatus=2, errorIndex=1".  I
continue to get this same error for any value I try to retrieve.  I
have even tried consecutively removing one set of numbers from the end
of the string, with the same results.  Nothing but errors.

Does anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong or how to
correctly pull SNMP values from the default SQL MIB?  Thanks for any
help you can give.

Ed Lafferty
Mgr, Network Operations
Bolt, Inc.

http://www.bolt.com

1. SQL MIBS for SNMP monitoring

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I can do remote monitoring of MS-SQL servers and
get information on MS-SQL counters via SNMP.

I want to try using MRTG for this.  Are there MIBs available for MS-SQL
and if so, where can I get them?

Thanks and Regards

-Craig

2. Java Database Program

3. Monitoring MS SQL using SNMP

4. Finding Similiar Strings within a table column

5. snmp monitoring of MS Sql Server 6.5?

6. Btrieve 3.0 missing disk 3

7. SNMP, is it still supported in SQL Server 6.5 (sp5a)/2000

8. How To Kill a thread??

9. SNMP Traps with in MS SQL Server 2000

10. How to enable snmp on SQL Server 2000 ?

11. SNMP with PerfMib and SQL Server 7/2000

12. Enabling SNMP in SQL Server 2000

13. Enabling snmp in SQL 2000