Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Post by John Paulsso » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I hope this type of question belongs in this newsgroup.

I need to export all incoming messages from an Exchange mailbox into a
SQL DB. Unfortunately, the solution I thought would work doesn't, it
results in a Dr. Watson. Here's the thing:

I've made a simple Access 2000 DB which contains a table linked to
Exchange (Server).
Inside the data transformation worksheet, I create a destination DB
provider (my SQL 7 server), and my Access 2000 DB as the source for the
transformation.

Inside the "Data Transformation Properties" dialogbox and the Source
tab.  I enter the query from where data should be imported (like "select
* from inbox"). Now when I click the "Destination" tab I always get a
Dr. Watson message saying

"mmc.exe
Exception: Stack overflow 0xc0000fd). Address: xxx..."

Anyone with similar experiences? Im running a standard SQL 7.0 with SP1.

// jP

Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

John - do you just get this with the setup described or does it happen with
other access db's or other datasources?

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 For SQL FAQ entries see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Post by John Paulsso » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Using this linked Access DB seems to be the only setup which doesn't work for
me in DTS. I don't have any Oracle or other SQL Servers to try transformations
with, but when using my local SQL 7 Server, to and from textfiles, to and from
standard Access 2000 DB's, and to and from other linked Access DB's (linked to
other Access db's) works ok.

I have also verified that I'm using the latest MDAC (odbc32.dll = 2.10.3711.9).

// jP

> John - do you just get this with the setup described or does it happen with
> other access db's or other datasources?

Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

John - definitely sounds like a bug rather than a problem with your config.
You'll need to raise a bug with MS PSS.

Quote:> Using this linked Access DB seems to be the only setup which doesn't work for
> me in DTS. I don't have any Oracle or other SQL Servers to try transformations
> with, but when using my local SQL 7 Server, to and from textfiles, to and from
> standard Access 2000 DB's, and to and from other linked Access DB's (linked to
> other Access db's) works ok.

> I have also verified that I'm using the latest MDAC (odbc32.dll = 2.10.3711.9).

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 For SQL FAQ entries see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Post by John Paulsso » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, I guess so. But Im not to happy paying 200$ for a case just to have the bug
confirmed. Have done that to many times in the past.

// jP

> John - definitely sounds like a bug rather than a problem with your config.
> You'll need to raise a bug with MS PSS.

> > Using this linked Access DB seems to be the only setup which doesn't work for
> > me in DTS. I don't have any Oracle or other SQL Servers to try transformations
> > with, but when using my local SQL 7 Server, to and from textfiles, to and from
> > standard Access 2000 DB's, and to and from other linked Access DB's (linked to
> > other Access db's) works ok.

> > I have also verified that I'm using the latest MDAC (odbc32.dll = 2.10.3711.9).

Stack Overflow in Data Transformation Services

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

John - but when they confirm it, you get a refund.. ;-)

(I have passed this on, so hopefully the right person in MS will look at it)

Quote:> Yeah, I guess so. But Im not to happy paying 200$ for a case just to have the bug
> confirmed. Have done that to many times in the past.

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 For SQL FAQ entries see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

I've created a Data Transformation Services package in Enterprise
Manager that has a Transform Data Task to convert Btrieve 6.15 records
to SQL Server 2000 rows. When I execute the package from within
Enterprise Manager, the task works fine. However, when I schedule the
job to run thru the SQL Server agent, the task fails with the message
"[MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not
loaded." The only way I can get the task to execute as a scheduled job
is to bring up my DDF Builder utility while I'm running the job, in
which case the task executes successfully.

Except for the Btrieve data on an NT server, everything is on my
Windows 2000 machine (SQL database, DTS package).  I'm using the
"MERANT DataDirect Connect ODBC Version 4.00 for Windows" driver, and
the Btrieve data is retrieved using the Btrieve 6.15 for Windows NT
Server Edition.

2. OCI's opinit function

3. Data Transformation Services

4. Scheduling mechanism in SQL server

5. SQL 7.0 Data Transformation Services

6. ASE Licencing

7. SQL Data Transformation services

8. Need cgi library to work with Informix

9. Microsoft Data Transformation Service(DTS) Package Error

10. Data Transformation Services

11. OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

12. Data Transformation services

13. Data Transformation Service