retrieving documents stored in BLOB fields

retrieving documents stored in BLOB fields

Post by Phil » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:35:47

Hi

I have been able to successfully store word documents and excel spreadsheets
in a SQL Server blob field (image data type) using the ADO Stream object.

However I would now like to retrieve them.  What I am looking for is, say a
hyperlink on a user form (VB/Access) that, when clicked, will open the
document in its correct application.

Thanks in advance.

Phil J

1. Retrieving Word documents out of a General field

I'm fairly new to the world of databases, so excuse me if this
question has been answered many times before, or if I sound a bit
confused. :)

I am using Win32::ODBC to retrieve information out a Foxpro database
file (DBF). All is going well. However, I seem unable to retrieve Word
documents embedded in a General field. What I retrieve seems to be
wrapped in header of some sort. Is there any way I can export the Word
document, sans overhead, through ODBC/SQL statements?

- Jiunwei Chen

Vanguard Research Inc.

2. Music Business statistical DBase

3. Storing and Retrieving XML Document

4. SQL Query Question (Performance) CORRECTION

5. Embedding an Excel document into SQL Server Blob field

6. Approach BUG

7. Storing/Retrieving Word Documents in SQL Server w/ VB

8. Which database is best?

9. storing office-documents as blobs

10. BLOBS - Retrieving data from image fields

11. Q:Retrieving newest .exe's from a database Blob field

12. Storing Memo fields in Databases (Blob Fields?)

13. How to save/retrieve BLOB fields?