Error return from function createfile in file cnvpipe.cpp line=140 rc=231

Error return from function createfile in file cnvpipe.cpp line=140 rc=231

Post by datadelive » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:56:20

All:

I have seen similar posts regarding this error, but the
recommendations do not help.  Perhaps this is because I am getting a
different return code than the other posts.  At any rate I am doing a
2 computer conversion with each machine in a different domain.  All
sql related services start with Administror on both machines and I am
logged into both consoles with administrator. One machine is nt4 with
sp6 and 6.5 with sp4 while the target is win2k with sp2 and sql 7.0
with sp3.  Trusts have been established and I can isql into both sql
boxes from each machine.  I can map drives and admin shares on both
machines with no issues.  The problem is just when it trys the
import/export of the data.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Error return from function createfile in file cnvpipe.cpp line=140 rc=231

Post by Suresh B. Kandoth [M » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:35:51

OS error 231 means 'All pipe instances are busy".

You might want to try performing the upgrade after stopping some of the
non-essential services.

Suresh B. Kandoth

Error return from function createfile in file cnvpipe.cpp line=140 rc=231

Post by datadeliver » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:53:29

Turns out that the Innoculan services were causing this to
hang up so, once I stopped those the conversion worked
again.

Thanks,

Paul

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>OS error 231 means 'All pipe instances are busy".

>You might want to try performing the upgrade after

stopping some of the
Quote:>non-essential services.

>Suresh B. Kandoth

confers no rights.