installing SQL Server 2000 in windows 2000 OS through Telnet problem

installing SQL Server 2000 in windows 2000 OS through Telnet problem

Post by bhaskara Raj » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:09:51

Installing SQL Server 2000 in Windows 2003 through Telnet:

1.We manually installed SQL Server 2000 in Windows 2003.
It creates a silent file called "setup.iss."

2.Using this silent file and executing the following
command from command prompt, installed SQL Server 2000 in
Windows 2003 successfully
start /wait C:\SQLSERVER2000\x86\setup\setupsql.exe -s -m -
SMS -f1 C:\setup.iss

3. when I'm trying to install through Telnet from another
machine using the same command, only one file is creating
at the target machine, under Microsoft SQL Server -->
MSSQL --->sqlsunin.ini
and the Installation fails.

Same command working fine in windows 2000, only failing in
windows 2003

kindly help me to resolve this issue