virtual tables

Post by Parameswaran Ramakrishna » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi i would need help on how to setup virtual tables which encompass data in
say couple of other tables sitting on the same database or across
databases.. is this feasible?? & does SQL 7.0 have any feature of this
sort?? would appreciate pointers in this direction...

thxx
Param

virtual tables

Post by Brian Oko » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Check out the CREATE VIEW statement in books online.

Regards,
-Brian

>Hi i would need help on how to setup virtual tables which encompass data in
>say couple of other tables sitting on the same database or across
>databases.. is this feasible?? & does SQL 7.0 have any feature of this
>sort?? would appreciate pointers in this direction...

>thxx
>Param

1. Combining Tables (ie. Virtual Table)

Hi,

I know it's relatively easy to filter a dataset, but I want to do the
opposite.  I have several (paradox) tables that are identical in structure.
I want my user to see these tables as a single table and to use the DB
navigatior to wander through what appears to them to be a single table.  The
primary key is a date/time field and this is unique through all tables.

I can easily combine tables if there is a Master/Detail relationship, but
this is not the case.  Is there a simple way I can create a virtual table
from several 'real' tables??????

posting to this newwsgroup.

Thanks,
Kevin
----------
Name:                  Kevin Black
Company:           MEGAbit Systems Pty Ltd
Address:             17 Forsythe Pde, BLACK HILL  2322, Australia
Tel/Fax:              +61 2 49663346

----------

2. Slow Performance - INMEM000.REM file ???

3. How do I tell if an existing informix table is a virtual table

4. HowTo:Paging a ten thousand level recordset?

5. Virtual Tables in SQL Server 7.0

6. Search and replace

7. left outer join-ing a virtual table???

8. Oracle DBA position in Dallas or Houston

9. Full text search on virtual tables

10. Trigger virtual table problem

11. Creating a virtual table?

12. creating "Virtual table"

13. Interesting Problem with Virtual Tables