Failed to notify 'Operator' via email

Post by Jasper Smit » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 13:58:05

Is this always or sometimes ?
We occasionally have problems with notifications but its quite rare
99% of the time it works fine. Could try recycling SQLAgent but
generally if we click on test for SQLAgentMail and it works we tend
to shrug our shoulders and ignore it :) - its only the notification after
all,
not the job thats failing.

HTH
Jasper Smith

Quote:> Scheduling jobs in SQL Server Agent Jobs.

> Backing up the system/user databases works fine but, at
> times the email notification fails. viewing the job
> history gives the following:

> The job succeeded.  The Job was invoked by Schedule 1
> (Schedule 1).  The last step to run was step 1 (Step 1).
> NOTE: Failed to notify 'Support' via email.

> Thanks in advance for your help!

> Ashley Jno Baptiste

Failed to notify 'Operator' via email

Post by Ashley Jno Baptist » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:28:27

Jasper,

This problem happens occasionally. I then manually start
the job and then I will receive notification.

Ashley Jno Baptiste

Post by Charles Allard [MS » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:48:36

Hi Ashley,
| This problem happens occasionally. I then manually start
| the job and then I will receive notification.
<<<<<<<<<<
What version of SQL Server are you running?   Also, are you using SQLMail
with an Exchange or POP3/Internet server?

Sincerely,

Charles Allard
Microsoft SQL Support

When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

Recent viruses on the Internet underscore the threat to all computer users
and highlight challenges facing the entire industry in providing security
that everyone needs to conduct business. I encourage you to sign up to
receive automatic notification of Microsoft Security Bulletins by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/se...
bulletin/notify.asp. For more information on security, our Strategic
Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit,
please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security. We will be happy to answer
any questions or provide assistance with your security needs.

1. NOTE: Failed to notify 'Operator' via email

a couple of different possiblities:

1. check to make sure sql agent is using the correct mail
profile, test it (right click SQL
Agent/Properties/General/Mail Session)

2. make sure sql mail is running (Support Services/SQLMail
(right click)/Properties/Test)

3. make sure the profile has been created and usable under
the account which SQL Server runs (won't work with
LocalSystem)

sort of backwards, but hope that helps. :)
--oj.

2. Retrieving Identity Value

3. Notifying operators via Paging regarding Job's result

4. Portals to replace use of repeating fields.

5. ...NOTE: Failed to notify '<contact's email>' via email.

6. Reg Named Pipes for backup in db2.

7. Scheduled job fails to notify via email

8. EMails Notifying Operators

9. Operator won't find email capabilities on SQL 7.0

10. Setting up an Operator's email sending

11. Operator can't get email capability