Query being executing has timed out

Post by Joe » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have had experienced this error: " The Query currently executing has
timed out. Do you wish to continue waiting ? ".

This error happened using SQL 4.21 in a Windows NT 3.51 server (no services
packs).

I think it is something about the networking, but I still don't know
exactly what is it. I think this because if I execute a query with a small
result, then it's succesful, otherwise it remains hang, delays a lot, and
shows the above message.

Thank you.

Joe Q

Query being executing has timed out

Post by Roy Harv » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Joe,

Quote:>I have had experienced this error: " The Query currently executing has
>timed out. Do you wish to continue waiting ? ".

>This error happened using SQL 4.21 in a Windows NT 3.51 server (no services
>packs).

Timeout is a property of the front end.  In Object Manager and other
such Microsoft tools of the 4.21 era there is a configuration setting
for how long the timout takes.  If you don't want to see the message,
set this to 0, which means forever.

Roy

1. query time outs! please help

iam trying to run this following query for within EM
select count(*) from tablename

it gives me the following error.
microsoft[odbc sql server driver] timeout expired

i have set the time out options to 0 in EM server
properties, but still no luck. The same query runs fine in
sql query anlayzer. but fails with the same error if tried
within ado application. this table contains 50,00,000 rows.

please if any one has a soln kindly help

2. 10.0.3 OS/2 client and MS SQL 7.0 = PROBLEMS?

3. Time Outs When running a query

4. Accessing methods of a recordset which is received as an Object in a function

5. Continual time-outs (time is not on my side)

6. DTS export to VB.NET

7. I am attempting to execute a stored procedure as the sql query for a data

8. CA, TX,IL,PA-8 DBA, DATAWAREHOUSING, VANTIVE,PEOPLESOFT

9. Query in Query Can't Be Executed >347 Times

10. MS SQL Server 2000 time-outs periodicly over the internet

11. Time outs

12. Time-outs that didn't happen under NT4sp6

13. Time outs!