Why am I getting a 3155 Error?

Post by Craig M. Bobch » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert a record into an attached SQL server 6.5 table from
an Access 97 database. I get an error 3155 insert failed on attached
table.

This happens from both a bound form and trying to insert into the table
directly from Access. I do have full permissions, no rules, and the all
the fields are filled out correctly.

When doing a trace from SQL server we can see the data is coming across
correctly and can perform the Insert from SQL Server enterprise manager
with no problems. What can be the problem?

We are using NT server with SP3 Access 97 with SP1 and ODBC  ver.
3.0.28.22 and SQL server driver ver. 2.65.0240.

SQL server has SP 4.

TIA

Craig M. Bobchin

Why am I getting a 3155 Error?

Post by Acer » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> I'm trying to insert a record into an attached SQL server 6.5 table from
> an Access 97 database. I get an error 3155 insert failed on attached
> table.

> This happens from both a bound form and trying to insert into the table
> directly from Access. I do have full permissions, no rules, and the all
> the fields are filled out correctly.

> When doing a trace from SQL server we can see the data is coming across
> correctly and can perform the Insert from SQL Server enterprise manager
> with no problems. What can be the problem?

> We are using NT server with SP3 Access 97 with SP1 and ODBC  ver.
> 3.0.28.22 and SQL server driver ver. 2.65.0240.

> SQL server has SP 4.

> TIA

> Craig M. Bobchin

Do you have an index on the table? Otherwise it is read-only.

Ben

1. Error 3155 - DAO Update error

Hi everyone

I've seen this error all over Deja.com, as well as in several usenet groups,
but I can't find an answer.  I'm using a DAO recordset (read/write and
dynaset) but every time I try to call update I get an error 3155 - and
something about a linked table.  This is Windows 2000 Client, MDAC 2.7
against SQL Server 2000 on Win2K Server.  I can execute an insert in Query
Analyzer just fine.  My recordset update does push a unique value (long i -
a counter) into the key field (record_num) - so I don't think it's a
constraint violation.

Any ideas?

TIA

- John

2. Couldn′t update; database is read-only

3. Runtime Error 3155 (Jet engine error)ODBC insert failed

4. I4GL & Linux & termcap

5. Error 3155 - DAO Update error

6. onbar and onlog

7. why am I getting this error?

8. Null Values - WHY am I getting this error?

9. Why am I getting a ByRef argument type mismatch error

10. why am I getting this error?

11. ODBC error 3155

12. ODBC insert on linked table failed Runtime error 3155