Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer and Office XP Developer

Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer and Office XP Developer

Post by Rashid Jean-Baptis » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 00:45:36

Hello Dirk,

What is the exact message that you get?

Is the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent service running under the local
system account? If they are, can you change them to an administrative user
account, and re-run setup?

Regards,
Rashid Jean-Baptiste
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer and Office XP Developer

Post by Dirk Grunewal » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 06:14:39

Hello jean-Baptiste,

it works!

If you want to install the workflow services of Office XP
Developer, the SQLServerAgent must be configurated to run
under an administrative user account.
If the Service is running or not, doesn't matter.

Thanks a lot for the fast answer!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello Dirk,

>What is the exact message that you get?

>Is the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent service running
under the local
>system account? If they are, can you change them to an

administrative user
Quote:>account, and re-run setup?

>Regards,
>Rashid Jean-Baptiste
>Microsoft SQL Server Support

>.

Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer and Office XP Developer

Post by Dirk Grunewal » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 06:54:23

Hello Jean-Baptiste,

I was a bit too fast with my first answer!

You were right, that the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent
must run under an administrative user account.

After changing the configuration, I was able to install
the Workflow Services, but this only a part of the story.

Trying to use the Workflow services via Worklow-Manager
(by connecting to the SQL server), I got the message, that
the Server Version is not supported.

How could I resolve this issue?

By the way, this is the SQL Server Version (German issue):
Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.384 (Intel X86)   May 23
2001 00:02:52   Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft
Corporation  Developer Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build
2195: Service Pack 2)

Best regards,
Dirk

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello Dirk,

>What is the exact message that you get?

>Is the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent service running
under the local
>system account? If they are, can you change them to an

administrative user
Quote:>account, and re-run setup?

>Regards,
>Rashid Jean-Baptiste
>Microsoft SQL Server Support

>.

Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer and Office XP Developer

Post by Rashid Jean-Baptis » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 00:47:44

Hello Dirk,

At this point, you should post your issue to the Office Newsgroup. They
would be better able to assist you over there.

If you are still not able to get assistance over there, then I would
recommend opening a support ticket with Microsoft Office Developer Support.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,
Rashid.

1. Office XP Developer & SQL Server 2000 Question

Will Office XP Developer allow me to develop an application to be run on a
small LAN (2-3 computers -  1 Win2K Pro box with 3 data entry boxes) without
any
other SQL Server components?
I have been using Access 2000 for a order processing system but my business
has grown and will soon be processing 3000 orders per month while using a DB
with ~2 million records. I am looking to scale up to SQL Server. Is this a
viable, low cost option by using Office XP Developer?
Thanks,
Jay

2. script for two printers

3. Error with Workflow Designer for SQL Server coming with Office XP Developer

4. Memo + ADO + MS Access

5. refreshing graphs - need help - thanks

6. Running Applicatioin Developed by Developer 2000 without having installed Developer 2000

7. SQL equivalent to Oracle Time Series?

8. TX-DALLAS-19242--ORACLE-Designer 2000-Developer 2000-Application Developers Developer/Designer 2000

9. 19242-TX-DALLAS-ORACLE-Designer 2000-Developer 2000-Application Developers Developer/Designer 2000

10. TX-DALLAS-19242--ORACLE-Designer 2000-Developer 2000-Application Developers Developer/Designer 2000