How to restore SQL server 6.5 backup to SQL server 2000

How to restore SQL server 6.5 backup to SQL server 2000

Post by Juha Kaupp » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:25:35

How can I restore a database backup, which was taken using  SQL Server 6.5,
to SQL server 2000?

I try restore backup but it didn't work?

Database backup file is one big file.

How should I do the restore process?

I appreciate any kind of your answers!

How to restore SQL server 6.5 backup to SQL server 2000

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:37:12

Sadly, you cannot restore directly to SQL Server 2000.  You will have to
restore to a box running SQL Server 6.5 and then you will have to run the
upgrade wizard (within SQL Server 2000) to upgrade (and move) the database
to SQL Server 2000.

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

Quote:

> How can I restore a database backup, which was taken using  SQL Server
6.5,
> to SQL server 2000?

> I try restore backup but it didn't work?

> Database backup file is one big file.

> How should I do the restore process?

> I appreciate any kind of your answers!

How to restore SQL server 6.5 backup to SQL server 2000

Post by chri » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:37:58

You cant. Look into the script/ bcp method instead.

Quote: