cache hit ratio!!!

Post by jurassic.p.. » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

hi,
the cache hit ratio of sql server always keep in 75%.
could anyone give me a hints that i can maxmize the cache hit ratio?
rgds,
alan

cache hit ratio!!!

Post by Malcolm Blackhal » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Add memory.

> hi,
> the cache hit ratio of sql server always keep in 75%.
> could anyone give me a hints that i can maxmize the cache hit ratio?
> rgds,
> alan

cache hit ratio!!!

Post by Ben McEw » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> hi,
> the cache hit ratio of sql server always keep in 75%.
> could anyone give me a hints that i can maxmize the cache hit ratio?

- Buy more memory and/or assign more memory to the 'memory' sp_configure
parameter.

- In this same vein, to provide more cache memory, reduce memory
allocations for other SQL Server stuff- locks, user connections, open
databases, sort pages, and, most importantly, procedure cache. The
default of 30% of available cache is usually way too high.

- Where possible, reorganize your indexes and/or data to fit more rows on
a page. Smaller rows mean more rows on a page, which means less total
pages required in cache to fulfill a query, which means more room for
other pages, which means a higher cache hit.
--
Ben McEwan, President, Geist, LLC

1. help - the cache hit ratio is constantly 0.0

Hello,

My sql 2000 server has 0.0% for the cache hit ratio.  Are there any
solutions for this?  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

The value for the cache hit ratio is constantly displayed 0.0 from the
"dbcc sqlperf(lrustats)" command.  I am running sql 2000 standard
edition SP2 on Windows 2000 SP3.

Initially, the max server memory is configured as 1026 and min memory
per query (KB) is 51,200.  I have changed the values larger and the
configured values changed dynamically without bounce the database
instance.  However, the cache ratio value remains 0.0, even after
repeating the same query with several conditions in the where
statement.

Thura

2. SOS!How to write three tables in one left outer join SQL statement?

3. Why would cache hit ratio be over 100%

4. HELP fox2.6 EXE problem

5. cache hit ratio!!

6. . . .its maximum row size (8071) exceeds the maximum. . . (8060)

7. Cache Hit Ratio very low.

8. Problem with FETCH

9. buffer cache hit ratio drops to zero

10. Cache hit ratio '_Total' counter

11. Buffer cache hit ratio

12. buffer cache hit ratio in sysperfinfo

13. cache hit ratio 0.0 in mssql2000