Security

Post by Jerem » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:53:01

This error is driving me crazy:

Login failed for user '(UserName)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection.

Where (UserName) is any user i try to make a connection with. If i use NT
security everything works fine. I should probably let you know I am using
MSDE2000.

I have tried using the 'sa' login, I have tried making my own and giving it
permissions to everything. I must be missing something important...

Jeremy

Security

Post by Jerem » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:12:26

It helps if you turn on the allow SQL Authentication option... urrrrrr :)

Quote:> This error is driving me crazy:

> Login failed for user '(UserName)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
> SQL Server connection.

> Where (UserName) is any user i try to make a connection with. If i use NT
> security everything works fine. I should probably let you know I am using
> MSDE2000.

> I have tried using the 'sa' login, I have tried making my own and giving
it
> permissions to everything. I must be missing something important...

> Jeremy

1. Database Security and VB Front End Security

How to Control the database security in SQL Server and VB program.

For e.g.

 The user is revoke the UPDATE from Employee table, if VB is display a
dialog the Employee details, the DELETE button and UPDATE buttons is
enabled, if the user press UPDATE button, what will happen  ?

Of the reporting is using JOIN with two table, one is master and one
is details, if the SQL Server master table is not allow to do SELECT,
once the JOIN occurs what will happen in my VB program.

What is the efficiency way to control the security in this situation.

Chin Siang

2. SQL 6.5, PK - Identity Col

3. Application Security and NT Security Integration Questions

4. fallback for selecting locale dependent information is too expensive

5. Security ideas for row-level (entity) security

6. How do I write search criteria to find a number?

7. NT Integrated Security Without SQL Security Manager ?

8. TOP <n> against SET ROW COUNT <n>

9. associating front end security with back-end security

10. MSDE Security Vs Access Security

11. change from integrated security to nt only security

12. Integrated Security & Security Manager